Read my blog
Why Are So Few Homes for Sale?
There is no doubt that the largest challenge in today’s housing market is a lack of housing inventory for sale. This challenge has been defined as an “overwhelming lack of supply,” and even a “straight up inventory crisis.”
First American just released the results of a survey which sheds light on the reasons for the current lack of supply.
The survey asked title agents and real estate professionals to identify what they believe are the top reasons for this lack of inventory in their markets. Here are the results of the survey:
- 47% - existing homeowners are worried that they will not be able to find a home to buy
- 5% - first-time buyer demand is absorbing a large share of available homes
- 3% - existing homeowners’ mortgage rates are lower than the current rates
- 6% - insufficient or negative equity in the home
- 6% - foreign buyer demand is absorbing a large share of available homes
As the survey revealed, there is a shortage of current homeowners willing to put their homes on the market for one of three reasons (see numbers 1, 3 and 4 above).
Realtor Mobile: 254-449-5299
Texas Premier Realty
810 N. W.S. Young Dr. suite 107
Killeen, TX 76543